Friday, July 12, 2013

Peace week 2

I always think I am going to have loads of time in the Summer because we are off school but actually it feels like I have less. I think it is because we are not trapped indoors by bad weather and there is lots to get involved with.

I haven’t posted since July 4th which was 8 days ago and even longer since I posted on my other blog. This definitely is NOT the norm for me. Last week was a whirl wind of hospital visits and sick beds. I am glad it has gone by. My Mother-In-Law was finally ready for the ER after 5 days of being in her bed and she was very ill with Pneumonia. It was touch and go all week but God blessed and she was able to come home. I had too hospital check ups last week and they were far too far away! Then I got sick when my body could take no more and that was the end of the week. Good riddance I say!

Anyway here is this weeks prep for Children's club.  I will start out with the fab craft we did last time. Corner bookmarks. If you click on the link below it will take you to the video tutorial at The Hybridchick.

Here’s mine-

IMG_4477

They were super easy to make and we included a verse of scripture on the back. The kids loved them.

Peace Week 2

Peace is not being worried or afraid when bad things are happening.

Nice short week this week as we will read the first part of the Peace story by Mr. Kidz (part of the RU program) Simply, a real life story that relates to a Bible passage to get the kids thinking.  You could use a story from your life about when something bad was happening and how you chose to trust God. A few biblical examples are Peter walking on the water, or David standing up to Goliath.

The verse to go with this lesson is John 16:33 These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace, In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I make a sheet that misses important words (subject, verb etc.) and, as we guess what they are and add the correct words in, it helps them process the verse.

That’s it for this week. I will post another craft next time. Have a safe and healthy week. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment