Sunday, July 14, 2013

What A Lady Indeed

DSC_0019

I thought I would miss the seasonal flowers in The UK. They announce each season with their beautiful blooms. And if I am honest, I do miss the late winter Crocus and Snowdrop, and the early Spring bluebell! I have been amazed by the parade of flowers in Virginia though. It’s like they pass the baton in a glorious marathon of bloom. This beauty is called Naked Lady because it is all flower and no leaf. What a Lady in deed.

DSC_0043

Surrounded by trees I am always concerned about falling limbs and not without good cause. This aged cherry fell across the back of the green lane. Thankfully no one was around to get hurt.

DSC_0048

This is a welcomed sight. One of my fave soft fruits. Great in apple and blackberry crumble.

DSC_0022

This is our vegie garden. Lot’s going on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment