Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Looking Forward To That Honey

It’s been so rainy that Lilly and I have not been down the green lane for a few weeks.  It has completely transformed. The hedgerows are teaming with white flowers from the Blackberry briars and everything looks like it is on steroids. The growth that occurs as a result of the sun and rain is phenomenal. Grass has to be mowed every 5 days or you have a serious problem.

As Lilly and I walked along I was very aware of the bees. There was a continual and almost overwhelming hum coming from all the nectar producing blossom. I actually found myself checking for a swarm because the noise was so intense. I got a thrill knowing they were most likely to be Jim’s bees at work. Looking forward to that honey!

DSC_0008DSC_0029

DSC_0023DSC_0030

DSC_0039

No comments:

Post a Comment