Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Planting Spuds

I have been busy pulling in some blog posts from other blogs that I had. I decided it was not necessary to keep it all so separate anymore.  Hey, this is me and If you like what you see please make yourself at home. You may also notice the extra tab called Scrapin etc., that is my blog where I keep all my craft related posts so if that interests you pop over and see me there.
DSC_0035
IMG_3959
Getting ready for planting. Pa tilled the ground and the earth is nice and soft. We planted 50lbs of seed potatoes today.
IMG_4072IMG_4077IMG_4069
I cut everyone up so they all had an eye before we dug 6”deep trenches and covered them over. Wew! we didn’t have a machine for that. Interestingly enough I was taught to bury the whole potato in the UK. I will be interested to see how this comes up.
We’ve also set up  a cold frame to start things off so it looks like we are going to have a good summer for veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment