Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Berries making an Appearance

IMG_4280IMG_4279

If I was limited to what I grew I would definitely choose fruits. Look at these berries making an appearance. We have two raised beds just for fruits, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Can’t wait. The climate here seems perfect for growing. Warm and humid in the day with periods of rain. Everything looks so lush.

IMG_4294IMG_4284

We have several beds for planting. Several with ground cover to keep off the weeds. This will definitely cut the labor down. One bed is for come-again greens and lettuce that we can poach all summer long. Another is devoted to tomato and pepper plants. Another plot for beans, which I have discovered I love, and the surplus gets canned to last the year. I put in butternut because the vine, flowers and fruit are so edifying. And last but not least we gave some room for flowers. Cosmos, sunflowers and Dahlias.

I keep thinking of the reception classes that I taught gardening to back in the UK and how they would love to get their hands on this lot. They would have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment